You are invited to join us for this sacred meditation with the ocean!
The ocean atmosphere has an extraordinary ability to connect us with inner-guidance, while the air, sand and waters are cleansing on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
We'll walk quietly along the beach, breathing deeply and pausing to send healing and receive those profound cleansing qualities of our ocean waters.
In a supportive group and natural setting, we'll lay out blankets, sip tea and get close to the soft sand. The gentle rhythm of the frame drum and sacred song can help you quickly relax into a calm meditative state and feel at home in your body…
It is from this grounded space that you can connect more deeply with your own sense of spirituality so you can feel and experience for yourself, your own special connection to the earth, the ocean and our natural world.
THIS UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WILL INCLUDE:
• Rideshare option from Flowing with Wellness Center in Santa Cruz to the beach (just north of Davenport, CA), light snacks and tea service with therapeutic herbal teas
• Silent solo walk as well as guided Drum Journey Meditation on the beach to clear the mind, connect with stillness and release thoughts and emotions that are no longer of service
• A simple nature-based activity that will welcome the healing qualities of the ocean into your life as you feel at home in your body and develop your own sacred practice
Bring your lunch to share in a supportive and welcoming community of friends
HOW THE DRUM JOURNEY MEDITATION WITH THE OCEAN CAN SUPPORT YOU:
• Gently guiding the brain into relaxed states of theta
• Connection with guidance and intuition
• Healing on an emotional and spiritual level
• Calming the nervous system and reducing stress related hormones
• Cleansing of the energy field
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
"Justin holds a safe and sacred space for people to connect with and get familiar with that inner stillness and peace within. He has a strong connection with the frame drum and uses this connection to hold space for us as we journey deep within ourselves."
ABOUT THE WALK
From our meeting place in Santa Cruz, we will carpool to a scenic beach just north Davenport. The walk will be like a casual stroll down a steep yet short path. We will then walk solo in silence about a quarter of a mile down the beach to a cove for our meditation and herbal tea. We will encounter sand and may get slightly wet at the ankles. Variable weather could produce windy, cool, damp or warm and sunny conditions so come prepared. After the meditation, we will have our group lunch prior to returning to Santa Cruz.
RESTROOMS CONSIST OF TWO PORTA-POTTIES ON SITE
WHAT TO BRING
- Bag lunch
- Comfortable shoes/sandals
- Layers of clothing in case of windy, cool, damp or warm and sunny weather. Recommend beanie, coat or sweater with hood to hold hair back
- Small backpack
- Small blanket for Drum Journey Meditation on the beach
- Light snacks, therapeutic tea from my organic herb garden, tea cups and large blanket for meditation will be provided.
HOW TO ARRIVE
We'll meet at Flowing With Wellness Center in Santa Cruz about 10 minutes prior to 10:00am, where you can park and leave your car. We'll then carpool to a scenic beach just north of Davenport (about a 20 minunte drive).
I look forward to sharing in this special experience with you!
Your friend and guide,