You are invited to join us for an early morning hike and drum meditation overlooking the Santa Cruz Mountains! The energy of the forest at dawn has an extraordinary ability to connect us with inner-guidance and a sense of sacredness. We will work these energies to offer blessings to the natural world and receive the nurturing qualities of the land.
While there can sometimes be a slight discomfort in rising early, this can be seen in a positive way. The forest at dawn often reveals great support in the form of insight, inspiration and new perspective.
A portion of the walk will give you an opportunity to be in silence. In a supportive group and natural setting, we'll lay out blankets, sip tea and get close to the Earth. The gentle rhythm of the frame drum and sacred song can help you quickly relax into a calm meditative state and feel at home in your body.
THIS UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WILL INCLUDE:
• Roundtrip rideshare option from Essential Space in Santa Cruz to our trailhead in the Santa Cruz Mountains
• Early morning silent solo walk as well as guided Drum Journey Meditation in nature
• Simple activities that welcome the healing qualities of the natural world into your life
• Therapeutic tea from our garden, tea cups and large blanket for meditation
• Stop for snacks/lunch at natural food store in Boulder Creek on the way back to Santa Cruz
HOW THIS EVENT CAN SUPPORT YOU:
• Exploring nature with a community of kindred spirits
• Connection with guidance and intuition
• Healing on an emotional and spiritual level
• Calming the nervous system and reducing stress related hormones
• Cleansing of the energy field
From our meeting place in Santa Cruz, we will carpool to the trailhead. The 3 mile roundtrip hike is considered moderate with total elevation gain of about 750 ft. A portion of the walk will give you an opportunity to be in silence. We will then walk further to a location for our tea/ breakfast snacks and drum meditation in the woods. Then we will casually continue walking to make a loop and complete the hike. Variable weather could produce windy, cool, damp or warm and sunny conditions so come prepared. After the hike, we will stop on the way back Santa Cruz to buy snacks/lunch in Boulder Creek.
To RSVP, please feel free to reach out via my contact page under general inquiries
WHAT TO BRING:
Breakfast/morning snack items to eat in nature
Money to buy snack/lunch at natural food store in Boulder Creek on the way home (optional)
Sun protection (such as sunscreen, hat, lip balm, glasses etc.)
Layers of clothing in case of windy, cool, damp or warm and sunny weather
Small blanket for Drum Journey Meditation in nature (optional)
WHEN AND HOW TO ARRIVE:
We'll meet at Essential Space about 10 minutes prior to 5:00 am, where you can park and leave your car in the large parking lot in the back of the building. We'll then carpool to the trailhead in the Santa Cruz Mtns. (about a 45 minute drive).
Please plan on arriving about 10 minutes early as we will depart from the meeting point promptly at 5:00AM.
I look forward to sharing in this special experience with you! Your friend and guide,